Sunday 27 September 2015

Pot noodle advert analysis

Television adverts

I am going to be looking at a specific television advert and naming some of the techniques i spot within the advert. 

The advert i will be looking at is, "Pot noodle | you can make it" advert.

Lets get started... 

As soon as the advert starts, music is being played. This isn't pop music and I personally don't know it but its almost inspiring music. Its upbeat and also it has no lyrics. 
So..
The upbeat of the soundtrack: Its a positive product
No lyrics: It doesn't distract the listener from whats being said on the advert.

"Ever since i was a little kid I wanted to make it, that's why I eat these pot noodles" this makes the audience think if they eat the pot noodle they will achieve etc. 
Its inspirational.

The advert is a young lad - adolescent and throughout 75% of the advert its making the audience think he's aspiring to become a boxer but then at the end it shows him on television being a ring-man (walking around the ring holding up the "round 2...etc" signs. 

This is humorous and it will make the audience remember the advert. 

The advert also creates a character and fills the audience in with the life story, despite it being deliberately misleading and funny. The audience will remember this and recognize the advert and it gives the audience the unexpected.  

The advert is demographic, it's appealing to younger people (teens/young adults) because its a quick to make food which is what students want and the life story of the character is about a teen/adolescent lad so this will appeal to the young generations and will make them remember the advert because its funny and upbeat.

The advert also has started up a hashtag, if you look at the end it says #youcanmakeit this will start a trend and make students with twitter accounts and Facebook accounts hashtag it for example...
"I love pot noodle #youcanmakeit" which will make people wonder what its about, which will make them search it and watch the advert and hypothetically buy the pot noodle which sets the trend and gets more people intrigued, possibly to some older audiences as well. 



I think this advert is an overall success as it is very comical and it appeals to me personally a lot, its one of my favorite adverts on television at the moment and as soon as I hear it on the television I know what it is because it sticks in my mind. The advert is very humorous and memorable and personally, it makes me want the product because I've tried it before it makes me want/crave/fancy one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment